Why Choose Us
Once you decide to undergo bariatric surgery, it is important to choose a program that offers the expertise, experience, and commitment necessary to support you throughout this journey. The team of healthcare professionals at AMISurgery understands the unique problems and challenges of treatment for obesity. Here are some of the unique features of our practice:
- Fellowship-trained surgeon – Our surgeon has achieved the highest level of training a surgeon can receive in the field of minimally invasive surgery, weight loss surgery and endoscopic (incisionless surgery).
STATE-OF-THE ART TECHNOLOGY
- Surgical Choices – We offer you advanced laparoscopic surgery, a minimally invasive approach to gastric bypass, the LAP BAND and the gastric sleeve. Moreover, we offer state-of-the-art procedures for those patients who gain weight years after undergoing weight loss surgery.
- Incisionless Bariatric Procedures – Our center is proud to offer the ROSE procedure (Restorative Obesity Surgery, Endolumenal), which is performed without incisions for patient who need revisional surgery.
- Our full-time staff is dedicated to guiding you through the sometimes challenging insurance or financing processes, making them as easy and painless as possible.
- We realize that being overweight creates both physical stress and emotional stress. AMISurgery provides a comfortable environment, where the services we provide are tailored to your individual needs. Dr. Bonheur personally conducts your initial interview/evaluation and will take the time to thoughtfully answer all of your questions. Unlike other bariatric centers, we do charge a program fee. However, this allows us to give our patients more individual attention, both in the hospital and post-operatively.
- Our team of dietitians are familiar with the challenges our weight loss surgery patients face. They provide education in both private consultations and group sessions before and after surgery.
- Monthly Support Groups – Because research shows that patients who regularly attend support groups get better results from their weight loss surgery, we are proud to offer these on a regular basis. These meetings are designed to help you anticipate what life will be after your surgery and allow prospective patients to talk with those further along in the process.
- Structured Post-operative Follow-up Plan – Your post-operative care deserves considerable thought and attention. We are connected with a vast network of specialists including gastroenterologists, pulmonologist, cardiologists, exercise physiologists, psychiatrists, plastic/cosmetic surgeons, dieticians, physical therapists and many more.
- Beyond Surgery – We want to guide our patients toward healthier living by offering additional support, including emotional healing in the form of self-esteem counseling/therapy, spiritual healing through Feng Shui, guided imagery and meditation, and physical healing from alternative traditions like Yoga and Tai Chi.
- Caring – Nothing is more satisfying to us than changing someone’s life in a positive way. We make every effort to treat our patients the way we ourselves would like to be treated.