Dr. James Bonheur, MD., F.A.C.S., F.I.C.S.
Dr. James Bonheur, is a board certified minimally invasive surgeon and fellow of the American College of Surgeons and International College of Surgeons. Dr. Bonheur received his surgical training from prestigious institutions including Boston University Medical Center, Harvard University’s Massachusetts General Hospital and Columbia University’s affiliate the Stamford Hospital. He went on to obtain a fellowship in advance laparoscopy and bariatric surgery at the Danbury Hospital a New York College affiliate. Dr. Bonheur also holds vascular research fellowships from both Harvard and Boston Universities. Dr. Bonheur and the Center for Advanced Minimally Invasive Surgery (AMISurgery) apply leading edge techniques and state-of-the-art technology to achieve subtle yet effective results.
On the forefront of minimally invasive surgery Dr. Bonheur offers the latest in surgical techniques blending medical knowledge with superior surgical skills to offer his patients the most comprehensive care in a professional and comfortable environment. Consistently voted as one of America’s “Top Surgeon” by the Consumer Research Council of America, and voted as one of Connecticut’s “Top Doc’s” by the medical community, Dr. Bonheur is committed to excellence. Moreover, he has been selected as one of Connecticut’s favorite physicians year after year honoring him with the “Patient’s Choice award”.
“The real joy in providing the variety of services offered at AMISurgery is the difference they make in our patients lives. From minimally invasive and weight loss surgery to aesthetics and veins, we see our patients happier and more determined to live a healthier life”.
Monday – Thursday 9 am – 5pm
Friday 9 am – 4:30pm
Saturday, Sunday & holidays office closed
Dr. Bonheur is always available for emergencies after hours (203) 327 4444
FULLY BILINGUAL STAFF
We speak English and Spanish.
INSURANCE PLANS ACCEPTED
We accept most health insurance plans. Please ask our office staff for more details.
There is $15 charge for copies of all medical records. Copies must be requested in advance.
Cancellations of appointments must be given with at least 24hrs noticed or a $25 fee may be applied for missed appointments or cancellations less than 24 hrs in advance.
- It is the patient’s responsibility to read and understand all permits and/or consents he/she signs. If the patient does not understand, it is the patient’s responsibility to ask the doctor or office staff for clarification.
- It is the patient’s responsibility to answer all medical questions truthfully to the best of his/her knowledge.
- It is the patient’s responsibility to read carefully and follow the pre-operative instructions.
- It is the patient’s responsibility to notify our office if he/she has not followed pre-operative instructions.
- It is the patient’s responsibility to contact our office if he/she has any complications following any procedure.
- It is the patient’s responsibility to assure payments for services rendered are on a timely basis accepting ultimate responsibility as his/hers, regardless of whatever insurance coverage he/she may have.